Contact: 0417 540 820
Education & Development Psychologist
Lisa Lindley leads the delivery of our psychological services; Sunshine Coast Psychology Clinic and the Sunshine Coast PND Centre. The Psychology Team consists of dynamic, highly qualified and experienced professionals who are able to provide a wide range of services. As we are affiliated with Sunshine Coast Children's Development Centre, we are able to provide a multi-disciplinary service to ensure that you and your child are receiving the best possible and consistent service.
Our psychological services are broadly focused on three areas: Counselling, Assessment and Postnatal Depression.
Our Psychologists are fully registered and experienced counselling psychologists who understands personal and emotional issues that individuals and families experience. We help with issues from depression and anxiety to parenting issues.
Counselling psychologists are specialists in the provision of psychological therapy. Our team of psychologists provide psychological assessment and counselling for children , adults and groups, and treat a wide range of psychological and mental health problems. We use a variety of evidence-based therapeutic strategies and have particular expertise in tailoring these to meet the specific and varying needs of clients.
Our Psychologists create collaborative, counsellor-client relationships where the focus is on building psychological strengths and wellbeing as well as resolution of difficulties and problems. Our clients are assisted to assume control of their lives by developing new perspectives and understanding. As a result they learn to think in new ways, manage difficult emotional experiences more effectively, and practise different ways of coping.
Our counselling services can help you or any member of your family to work through personal and emotional problems in strict confidence. Counselling can have the following benefits:
Our psychological team has a diverse range of qualifications and experience, and specialise in the provision of:
- Working with adults and children across a range of areas including depression, PND, anxiety, grief and trauma
- Working with children on the autism spectrum in individual and group settings
- Providing the Friends for Life and PALS social skills program,
- Attachment parenting & Circle of Security
- Educational & Developmental Psychology
- Sand and play therapy
- Assessment of intelligence, achievement and behaviour
Assist children to:
- Manage worry and anxiety
- Overcome depression
- Manage their anger
- Improve their social and friendship skills
- Optimise their learning
- Manage problem behaviours
- Specialised services for children with Austistic Spectrum Disorders
Assist families to:
- Improve difficult relationships
- Handle problematic situations
- Develop a healthy parenting style
- Improve attachment and bonding
- Deal with childhood behavioural and emotional issues
- Work together on issues or problems
- Cope with separation, divorce or re-marriage
- Deal with problems often experienced in blended families
Assist adults to:
- Manage stress and conflict at home and work
- Deal with grief, loss and trauma
- Overcome feelings of depression, anxiety and fear
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Enhance personal relationships
- Cope with disabilities or health problems
- Deal with problems related to alcohol and drug use
- Manage postnatal depression and anxiety
- Manage obsessions and compulsions
- Deal with sexual concerns
- Manage anger or violence
The role of psychological testing is to assess the cognitive and emotional functioning of the individual and make recommendations about areas of strength and areas for improvement.
Postnatal Depression Support Group
Recognising the need for effective support and treatment of postnatal depression for Sunshine Coast women, we have established the Sunshine Coast PND Centre, providing the highest quality counselling and groups for women with perinatal depression and/or anxiety. The group meets over 8 sessions and covers topics such as education about Postnatal Depression, Thinking Patterns, Communication and Self-Esteem, Adjusting to Changes and reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety. Many women and couples have found participation in this group helpful in the recovery of depression following child birth.
Please refer to the website for more information www.sunshinecoastpnd.com.au.
To arrange an appointment to discuss options, contact Lisa on 0417 540 820
Lisa Lindley during a field trip to Gulu in Uganda.
Lisa Lindley during a meeting with the postnatal depression group.